Monday, May 11, 2015

First Orchids

Showy Orchis 
Two days ago (just before a nasty stomach virus knocked me down a couple of days) I went to a new favorite spot where I had seen emerging Showy Orchis and Yellow Lady Slippers  a couple weeks ago. This was a new site for these orchids which  I found just by being out and about.
 I saw Pink Lady Slipper leaves near here last fall and hoped for a trifecta of early orchids, but could not find them again
Yellow Lady Slippers







I had a couple of bird experiences this week. I am not a dedicated birder but do enjoy spotting new ones. I know its time for Warblers to show up here so I keep an eye out and spotted a pair of
Yellow Hooded Warblers.


Scarlet Tangier 
Then today sitting on the porch I saw this Scarlet Tangier fly in and had the chance to grab a camera and lens to get this shot of a beautifully colored bird

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles