Sunday, June 7, 2015

New Orchid

Early this Spring I saw an unusual dried seed pod which had characteristics of many Orchids that I have seen. So, I have been keeping an eye on it and today, I found it blooming. It is a Loesel's Twayblade, an Orchid that I have never seen or even looked for. I found it, like many others, just by being out and about and being observant. I spotted the seed pod on a logging road near my home while driving along. It has not been reported in Raleigh County before and is in the same vicinity of the Appalachin Twayblades I found last year (click for link), also a Raleigh County first.





Loesel's Twayblade with last years seedpod





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles