Monday, July 21, 2014

Summer Wildflowers

Found a wildflower today that has reappeared after a couple years absent in the field behind my home.
This Canada Lilly was covered with the vines of a native Clematis and needed some help to emerge for photos.

#327 -  Canada Lily 


Last week, I spent some time hiking in the area and ran into a couple of bears, West Virginians state animal. I also photographed Rhododendron, the state flower, saw a Cardinal, state bird,  and saw my Honey Bees which are the state insect. If I had saw a Sugar Maple, Timber Rattlesnake, Monarch Butterfly, Brook Trout and a Golden Delicious Apple,  I would have just about exhausted all of the West Virginians state representatives. 

You can see one bear (below center) headed for higher ground after I stumbled on him grazing in tall grass. The other ran through the Rhododendrons and would have been a great picture had I been quick enough.



The last few pictures will be clues to guess where I was on a business trip this past week. Every trip I go on, I make time to roam and hike.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles