Thursday, July 10, 2014

July and More Twayblades

I decided to try a remote area of nearby Mercer county to see if the Appalachin Twyblade was there. Several miles down a rough gas well access road, I went into a likely Rhodendron thicket and immediatly found Twayblades. It seems that this plant is very common in this area even though it was not reported here previously. I only had an iPhone to take pictures but did get some interesting shots of other wild flowers.
Appalachian Twayblades
                                  
                                                                    
Appalachian Twayblades

 Bergomot 
                   



In a small clearing in the middle of the Rhododendron hell, I found these trillium. Maybe the largest I've seen. I hope to be back there next spring to see these beauties in bloom.

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles