Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Summer Times A'Coming

Summer is almost here, the temperatures have finally warmed up enough for the garden to begin to grow and the trees and shrubs are blooming, including one of my favorites; the Flame Azalea. This shrub is planted in many yards in our area, but I only had to leave them when I cleared brush from my front yard. There are four that line the road next to my yard and they bloom over a period of several weeks and in various shades. 

#105- Flame Azalea


#106- Black Cherry 

#107- Wild Blueberry 
#108- Common Speedwell
 Dewberries are similar to blackberries but bloom and ripen earlier. They grow in fields right on the ground and escape the mowers. They are a nice warm-up for blackberry season.
#109- Dewberry


1 comment:

  1. Lucky you with your Flame Azaleas! I have to drive for about an hour into the mountains to see them...

    Jim Fowler, Greenville, SC

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles