Saturday, May 25, 2013

Late Spring on Brush Creek

My two brothers who are in from Florida, my sister, dad and I had the opportunity to spend the day out and about. We went to Brush Creek Nature Preserve to see the falls and enjoy a hike on a cool but beautiful day. This is one of my favorite wildflower areas and today did not disappoint. The Dutchman's Pipe Vine is a flower that I had read about but never had seen anywhere. I kept seeing small vines with heart shaped leaves, but no other distinguishing features. Then I saw a small maple draped with it and when I moved some leaves aside to look closer, I saw this amazing bloom
#99- Dutchman's Pipe Vine


                                                                                                                                                                 












Here are the others seen today
#100- False Solomon's Seal 

#101- Lilly of the Valley 

#102- Dame's Rocket (non-native)

#103- Maple Leaved Viburnum

#104- Thread Leafed Toothwort

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles