Wednesday, April 5, 2017

It'sThe Most, Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Spring Wildflower season is one of my favorite times. Today, I spent some time along New River, where I now can find almost every ephemeral wildflower that I have found scattered in several sites. And, I found a new wildflower for my quest to photograph as many wildflower in West Virginia as possible. Twinleaf. I had seen it only in Virginia one time, several years ago. 
   #351 - Twinleaf 
   It is described as endangered or threatened in several surrounding states. I knew about it but had never seen it, so it seems scarce here as well.







                   
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Twinleaf and Phlox




































Three Members of Fumariaceae Family

Squirrel Corn
Dutchman's Britches
Yellow Fumewort



Blue Cohosh

Purple Trillium

Purple Trillium

Red Toadstool Trillium



Dwarf Larkspur


Virginia Spring Beauty
Carolina Spring Beauty

Dwarf Ginseng 

Violet, Spring Beauty and Chickweed






1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great field trip :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles