Saturday, June 29, 2013

End of June Hike

Drove a couple miles from the house and spent a couple of hours hiking old logging roads. Here are several wildflowers and mushrooms. Great Laurel is West Virginia's state flower
#158- Rhododendron or Great Laurel 
Great Laurel 


#159- Whorled Loosestrife 



Notice the Hoverfly in the middle of this picture 
#160- Lyre-leaved Rock Cress



This is a beautiful flower that I found at the site of an old home. When I find old home sites, I generally hunt for bottles and the bottles I found here date the house to a least the 60's. This is Spotted Henbit and it had naturalized all over the site. Probally not widespread enough to count for my Big Year. 




#161- Red Twig Dogwood 

#162- Winterberry Holly 

#163- Sweet Pea (non-native)


And then four mushrooms





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles