Monday, January 6, 2014

Ross's Goose

A Snowy Owl was sighted in Beckley, WV and I spent part of the morning searching for it. Yesterday, it was 48 degrees Fahrenheit  and the owl was seen in a grassy area relaxing. Today it has snowed and was 18  degrees Fahrenheit and falling fast. I never saw it but I did meet three others searching for it, who sent me a message later on about a Ross's Goose in a nearby pond. I was unfamiliar with it but they indicated that I really needed to see it. So I was able to find and photograph it and now understand how rare it is in this area. Since I work near the area the Snowy Owl has been frequenting, I will be able to continue searching, but this bird was equally interesting. I really appreciate the tip on the Goose.
Ross's Goose



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. Choose anonymous if you do not have one of the ID's listed.
Thanks,
Charles